Tuesday, December 16, 2008

You Know it's Time to Start Training When...

You sit on your inner thighs instead of your saddle.

And if that didn't happen to you when you got back on the bike, you're either in denial, or you didn't try hard enough in the off season!

Anyway been back on the bike for several glorious weeks now training with my homie, Morgan. She's been busting out the base miles trying to navigate herself around Atlanta. She says she moved here to be closer to the racing, but she really just wants to meet T.I. And hey, who doesn't? But M-Pat wasn't quite feeling the weather here lately, so she ran down to Florida and left me to bust out the base in the freezing cold by myself. That's aight though, cuz it's gonna be 70 here tomorrow, and next week I'll be getting my bronze on in Sydney. Hey Morgan, HTFU!

Things are rolling with Vanderkitten this year...some VERY exciting things happening, new website, new sponsors, new equipment, we have a great group of returning riders and some really strong new additions to the team! Details to follow...

7 comments:

Morgo said...

damn i wish you could been here today. so i was coming back into town after a big day on the bike. I was like 20 min from home & starting to crack/hate life. Then in the distance I see an old overweight man riding a beach cruiser in a speedo with his crack hanging out. He was also riding on one of the busiest roads in town at 5PM and was piss drunk. I took a photo with my phone. I rode with him a little and tried to make a friend to finish up base with, but it just wasn't the same as you.

Leigh said...

It's good to know that the piss drunk butt crack guy reminded you of me. Did you get a good look at him? It might've been Jeff. Miss you too, homes!

420wear said...

good blogging, lady. I like your attitude and honesty. you are right about the off season and not trying hard enough. i have been on a 13 year off-season and getting ready to race again in '09. check us out at www.420wear.com and if you see us at the races say' "haaaaaay"

Stephanie said...

I know a little something about funky beats!!! What's up girl?!?! I'm so proud of you! I'm so happy for you! Always much love for ya!

Morgo said...

update your blog. i need some way to waste time when I am supposed to be doing homework and instead lurkin on the internet.

Anonymous said...

"Hey yo fat girl, are you ticklish? Yeah, I called you fat, look at me I'm skinny."

"Do humpty humpty, watch me do the humpty humpty ... "

"O, o, do me babe ..."

lol

Hey Leigh, nice play list for sure. I love some of those songs posted on your blog.

Btw I think you're the best looking Vanderkitten. Hope you don't mind a compliment.

Take care

Leigh said...

i promise i'm going to start updating this thing more! gettin' so html savvy these days. just updated the playlist too. and thanks for the nice words, but we are all made of equal hotness, inside and out...